CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Calling Already?

Well, our bishop gave me a calling today. I wasn't totally surprised, being somewhat warned in advance. So...drum roll please...I am the assistant ward choir director. I'm excited, but I'm also frustrated after the first day. I can't really understand German and I can't speak it well either (yet). So, it makes it very difficult to give the choir director advice (because she wants it), and will certainly make it more difficult when I have to lead myself. Little does Stewart know that this will have to be a calling for both of us. He'll have to translate for me galore.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so jealous! i want a calling like that....stupid enrichment coordinator...

Anonymous said...

Wir gratulieren Dir- phantastisch!

Denkst Du, könnte es hilfreich sein, wenn Du die Kirche Lieder vorher auf Deutsch beim “You Tube” hörst? http://de.youtube.com

Viel Spaβ! :)

Michelle said...

Actually, I'm not worried about learning the songs. The music part is the easy part, and I can always play them on the piano to hear what they sound like. However, knowing exactly what they are saying so that the proper dynamics are in place is another issue.

Anonymous said...

Klavierspielerin? Solches schönes Talent haben wir nicht… aber…
wir summen gern falsch auf Latein mit. ;)

Have you tried pineapple Fanta yet?

Michelle said...

Alas, I have seen no pineapple Fanta. I have tried it before, but not here. Mostly I've seen orange, lemon, tangerine, and mango (mmmm).

Anonymous said...

Grapefruit Fanta war sehr populär, als ich in Europa gewohnt habe.

However, everything up here in our "neck of the woods" is Pepsi products- so it's hard to find the different Fantas other than orange... :(

Maybe start exporting to this area? :)