At the Institute of European History, we have a pretty posh set-up. That is, of course, if you don't take into account that we live in one tiny room and share a kitchen and a bathroom. Fortunately, we're not laden with belongings. And, believe it or not, I've never trekked down to the shower with all of my toiletries/shower items and found someone already in the shower. Naturally, it helps that there are only four girls on this floor, and sometimes only two.
As for the "posh set-up" I spoke about, we have two washers and two dryers in the basement...and they're free! We also have free wireless internet. That's certainly helpful when you have little to do. However, even more exciting is that we don't really have to do any cleaning. Every morning (except Saturday and Sunday), a maid comes to clean the bathrooms and kitchen. Then, once every two weeks, she comes to clean our rooms. The concierge comes every Monday to take our soiled hand towels and give us clean ones. And finally, the first and the middle of the month marks the time for clean bedding, at which point we put our soiled bedding downstairs for washing. So, I'll say it again: We have a pretty posh set-up.
There is, unfortunately, one thing that rains on my parade: my least favorite chore. Everyone has to wash and dry their own dishes. Ugh! I'd clean the toilets over washing dishes. And, of course, we do our own laundry. But, all in all, I really can't complain.
My Five-Word Purpose Statement
12 years ago
3 comments:
Dishes are a pain. But recently, Jon has agreed to help in the kitchen after dinner as long as we can watch his favorite tv series while doing them. Our current dishwashing entertainment is "Lost". It makes the time go by ever so much more quickly.
Well there's a thought, but we don't have a TV in the kitchen here. In fact, we don't have a TV at all on our floor. I'm still hoping for a dishwasher when we get back to the States.
Yeah, the dishwasher is great as long as I can get the clean dishes put away before dirty ones fill up the sink again. But all in all, they are a marvelous invention! If the dishes were the only thing which needed done........ maybe they would get done in a "timely" manner. :)
Post a Comment