CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

This is the House That the French Built

Now that we've been in Mainz for two months, pictures of our home are probably long past due. So, here they are, and I hope you enjoy. And for those who might have read the previous post, I am unable to clump my pictures together because I don't have Photoshop. So, the endless stream of photos will have to do.

This is the top portion of our building.

This is our building.

Our building again, but this time with the St. Quintin Church.

And our building again.

#19

Stewart on the side of (and kind of behind) our building.

Our building from the back.


That's our window in the middle.

The garden (or backyard) of our building.

And again...

The sign on the front of our building.

The doorbell for the Institute.

The doorbell for our floor.

The lobby of our building.

I know it's blurry, but these are our mailboxes.

And the lobby again...from the other side.

The laundry room in the basement...2 washing machines and 2 dryers.

The ping pong room in the basement...REALLY in the basement. Actually, maybe we should just call this the dungeon. Stewart and I love playing ping pong, and oddly, we're the only ones that ever seem to go in there.

Those ladder rungs on the wall go up to a tiny "window" that's impossible to escape from because it's completely covered over with a metal grate.

2nd floor lobby

2nd floor sign showing you which way to go...we live to the right (in the Wohnheim)

The door to the 2nd floor Wohnheim...yah, that's me in the reflection. ;)

2nd floor hallway...pretty boring, eh? And it's usually dark in that hallway, no matter what time of day it is.

Sinks in the 2nd floor girls' bathroom...I'm sure the boys' bathroom is the same

2nd floor girls' shower

There's a sink in the shower room...

...and that's the heater and water heater for the shower room.

And just what you always wanted to see...one of the toilet stalls.

2nd floor kitchen sign...blurry again, sorry.

2nd floor dining room

2nd floor dining room and kitchen


2nd floor kitchen





This is the sign on the fridge so that we know who has which shelf.

This is our shelf in the fridge...and that's why we shop about every 2 days.

Our freezer drawer (that we share with two other rooms).

Our cupboard shelf

The door to our room

Our room sign

The inside of our room

Our sink

Our bookshelf

Our desks...yah, that picture on my screensaver is me at the Fountain of Trevi. :)

One of our beds

Our closets

The inside of our closets

And the other closet

I'll post some pictures of Mainz next week. At any rate, I hope you enjoyed the tour of our building. Until next time...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! That's pretty nice, though small. Looks comfortable, too.

ZiggyandFamily said...

It's like living in a dormitory.... small, but all the necessities. Less is easier to keep in order in a small space. The house is quite beautiful.