CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Madrid Mission Reunion

I have the good fortune of attending my mission reunion this month. You may say it's silly to call it "good fortune" since many mission reunions are held twice a year around General Conference time. Obviously this isn't General Conference time. The "good fortune" comes with the fact that my mission reunion is being held in Madrid! The main reason for this is that the Madrid Temple opened its doors 10 years ago this October. (I arrived 2 months later). So, that makes it a special occasion on two accounts.

I am ridiculously excited! In fact, I leave tomorrow. I know, I know...you're wondering when I'll stop all this traveling. First Barcelona/Athens/Italy, then France/Germany, now Madrid. (My poor Relief Society president must wonder if I'm going inactive, since I'm hardly there to play the piano). Actually, I am getting pretty worn out from all the traveling. It will be nice to just relax, but I wouldn't miss this opportunity. I will have the great pleasure of seeing people that I wouldn't otherwise see: people I taught, missionaries with whom I served, members I knew there. So, despite the cliché-ness of this sentence, this is truly the chance of a lifetime!

3 comments:

B.G. Christensen said...

Say hi to everyone for me!

Young Family said...

I wish I could go.

Michelle said...

Jessica, I wish you could go too! And you Ben (and Jessie)...hardly anyone I know is going. It's sad!