As promised, we went to the other zoo in Berlin this last Saturday. I guess it is officially called the Berlin Zoo, while the other (as you may remember) is called the Tierpark. It was much smaller than the Tierpark. I love zoos generally, so I was not disappointed with the time we spent there. However, it was not as good as the Tierpark. Anyway, without further ado, here is a visual tour of some of the things we saw there.
I am not posting pictures of the pygmy hippopotamus because I didn't get a good one. It was a bad day for taking pictures for me. I tried to get a picture of him opening his mouth really wide and showing his teeth (I think he had something stuck in there that he was trying to get out), but I didn't get the camera out in time. :(
We found this guy and one of his friends on the path (outside the Tierkinderzoo). I'm pretty sure they weren't supposed to be out.
They did have a lot of cool, exotic animals at the zoo. These kookaburras are some of them.
Another was the Coatis. I also missed a great shot of one of these guys. He saw me and climbed to the top of a short bush near me to see what I had. I was way too late getting the camera out for that. I've been kicking myself ever since. :(Here's Knut...the one you've all been waiting for.
A digging warthog.
Me with Eeyore.The wooing goats.
Penguins debating about whether or not they actually want to swim.
Playing sea lions. Again, I missed the best part. They were making quite a bit of noise, but I must have had bad luck that day.
A capybara.
This is a fossa. I believe it's some kind of feline...sure looks like it anyway.
This is a jaguarundi...also a feline.
These are dwarf mongoose. They were so cute huddled together like that. They must have been cold.
This panda was just chowing down on his eucalyptus leaves.
I know this picture is horrible, but this was the funniest thing. This spider monkey was playing with a little girl. You can see the other window in the background. Well, this little girl was running from one window to the other and he would follow her back and forth. It was so cute!


2 comments:
Thanks for sharing these pics, too! My kids loved them. Karson thinks we should just stop everything and go fly out there to that zoo to see the warthog.
Haha, I just about died of laughter watching those penguins trying to figure out whether or not to go into the water! *Classic*
Post a Comment