I was humbled yet again today for not keeping up with the blog. My niece told me she met a friend of mine at Old Navy, and he told her he reads the blog. Doh! I haven't written anything for two months. I guess there isn't much to read, eh?
So, let's see what I can do to bring this up to date.
1. I got my hair cut. I went in for a trim, but I don't know any of the "hair" vocabulary, so I didn't understand much of what she was telling me. I did understand that she thought I needed a lot more than a trim. I'm not surprised. It was pretty bad. She also suggested I get layers, which was fine with me. So, they washed my hair (which Stewart said they prefer to do here), and she set about cutting it. Afterward, she asked if I would like her to dry it (which I didn't understand until she pointed to the hair dryer). So, I thought, why not? She used a diffuser, so it actually turned out pretty nice. What didn't turn out so nice was the price!!! I paid about 3 times as much as I had planned on spending...highway robbery! To top it all off, she tried to get me to buy a tiny bottle of something to heal my hair for 10 euros! Yah, right. The hair is fine, but I don't plan to get my hair cut again until we're back in the States.
2. Stewart and I are definitely headed back to Binghamton for the next academic year. Stewart got the TA-ship he was hoping for, so we have to go where the money is...especially since I don't have a job right now, and prospects are dim.
3. I've spent a lot of the last couple of weeks communicating (or at least trying) with my adviser at Binghamton University. In order to get an extension for my NY teaching certificate, I have to provide a projected course schedule signed by my adviser. I thought he had pretty much approved what I sent him (with the exception of one class, which I changed), but I'm still waiting to hear from him. I'm a bit anxious, as I need to send in my application sooner than later. I'm not sure how long it will take to hear back from State Ed., or if they'll even approve the extension. I think they will, but I'm not looking forward to paying the non-refundable fee. Ugh!
4. We are going to spend a couple of weeks for Easter in Berlin with our South African friends. We're pretty excited to be sleeping in a real bed...and spending time with our friends, of course. We may also have the opportunity to visit the Freiberg Temple, Dresden, and Prague! We're super excited about those possibilities! Oh, and we're going to see "Alice in Wonderland" while we're there! I'm psyched about that too. I've wanted to see it ever since I heard they were making it...yay, Johnny Depp!
5. On Sunday, our ward is having an Easter fireside. Stewart and I are singing a duet. It should be fun.
6. Lastly, let's talk about the weather... ;) We've had the window open all day! It's finally spring, and I can't tell you how excited I am about it! It's nice to be in a place where spring exists in practice and not just in theory.
Well, that's it for now. I make no promises about being better at updating, since I may break them. We'll just see what happens.
My Five-Word Purpose Statement
12 years ago
3 comments:
I love to read about your adventures. Please post more often.
I like to hear about how you are doing. It sounds like you are both well and have some great experiences to look forward to.
HURRAY! for your return to Binghamton!! We went to see "Alice In Wonderland" last weekend. It was awesome!! Enjoy your trip for Easter!
Post a Comment