Yesterday we moved out of Berlin. I will not miss that darn cat! Now, we are in a small town called Reichelsheim. It is about 22 miles northeast of Frankfurt and about 15 miles from the Frankfurt Temple in Friedrichsdorf. We had absolutely no idea what to expect from our apartment, but it turned out beautifully! The apartment is gigantic and very light! I'm attaching some photos of our new place.

The stairs to the basement.

The stairs to our landlords' apartment...the Frenkels.

This is the front door to the house and the entryway as viewed from our apartment.

The guest bathroom between the main entrance and our apartment.

The view of the patio/backyard from the living room sliding glass door.

The view of the backyard from our dining room.

The view of the side of the house from our dining room

Our kitchen...with a real stove/oven, lots of counter space, and way more cupboard space than we need.

Our fridge...with no freezer. But hey, we're lucky to have a fridge.

Our laundry room, but the washer isn't hooked up yet.

Our dining room...with the patio table/chairs. We had to eat off of something. This was formerly a terrace, but they enclosed it and made it part of the interior.

Some of the cupboards in our living room.

Our living room...

...complete with lawn chair.

The highlight of the apartment...the living room includes a piano! Maybe this is Heavenly Father's way of telling me I need to keep practicing the piano, despite the circumstances.

Our bathroom with his and her sinks.

We have a shower that you can move around in!

And we have a bathtub...strange how these things can make you happy.

Our hallway

Our luggage room

Our computer room.

Our bedroom...with REAL mattresses! Yay!

Our wardrobes.
This completes our tour. I hope you've had a wonderful time, and we hope to see you here again soon. :)
4 comments:
This place looks fabulous! I love the arched windows, and how the grass looks green even in the winter. I'm so happy for you! But are you sure your suitcases will fit in the luggage room?
Wow! That is SO much bigger. I hope you are enjoying Germany.
Well, we don't really need 3 rooms, so we had to improvise. We needed somewhere to store our luggage, and we don't have enough stuff to fill the room, so there you have it. Mind you, if this were our apartment in the States, we'd fill it easily. We have enough books for our own personal library...and growing.
When you get ready to come home- don't let them talk you into shipping the books per Luftpost!
Sending them "mit dem Schiff" takes a couple months- but the price is well worth it! :)
Post a Comment