I thought I had seen it all when I watched Rachel and Dave Edward's dachsund, Chaucer, bite his nails. Yes folks, he literally bites his nails. (He probably gets it from Rachel). Today, however, I was proven wrong. We arrived home late today and we stopped downstairs to chat with our landlady. I was petting and playing with Clara (the Maltese) while we talked. At one point, she decided she was excited enough to play back. So, she would lick my foot, then paw at my foot, then jump up onto my leg and stretch her whole body upwards so that I would continue to pet her. After a while, she must have decided that wasn't enough, because she started grabbing the hem of my skirt with her teeth and lifting it up. She wasn't really biting it, just lifting it up. It was hilarious! I wish I could have gotten that on film.
My Five-Word Purpose Statement
12 years ago
2 comments:
i am completely convinced chaucer gets it from me, because there were like 4 or 5 months where i stopped biting my nails (holy miracle), and i never noticed chaucer doing it. then i started again (of course...) and now i catch him doing it often. i can't help it - he just loves his momma!
Michelle and Stewart,
I hope you don't mind that I found your blog (through sisters to sisters). We just sent you a Christmas card- but not to Germany! So fun for you all! How long will you be there? I have to tell you that I love your blog heading. Favorite movie. I am glad you are well. Our blog is:
dashley-marshall.blogspot.com
love,
ashley (sister Ross)
Post a Comment